Sunday, November 20, 2005

Giving Thanks

As I have prepared for our mid week Youth Ministry in recent weeks, I have found myself referring to Stephen Charnock's excellent two volume set on the Existence and Attributes of God. (I encourage all to read Charnock!)
I realize that the Attributes of God and Youth Ministry appear to be conflicting in the minds of many believers. Likewise, the idea of using something written in the 17th century with young people in the 21st century is unthinkable. Sadly, the philosophy of Youth Ministry embraced far too frequently is that which is akin to cotton candy. Lots of sugar and hot air and not much substance.
As we gaze towards Thanksgiving, I wish to declare my thanks....
For Our Lord who is worthy of our most diligent study and our deepest devotion.
For God's Word that never goes out of date and is always applicable.
For Godly Parents who teach their children the great truths of Scripture.
For Faithful Fellow Servants who labor together to bring glory to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home