Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pastor's Fellowship

"By His Grace Alone" is the way that I sign my letters and e-mails. I don't know what it does for others but it serves as a great reminder to me.

Among the many things that are brought to my attention by that phrase is the fact that since salvation is by the grace of God alone then life and ministry should be to the glory of God alone.

It is one thing to give lip service to the idea of God-centered ministry. I suspect that very few would openly admit to a man-centered ministry. I am also convinced that all of us have more focus upon men than we are willing to admit.

In light of these realities and convictions I am delighted to have found a group of Pastors who are passionate about shepherding God's flock in a manner that is truly God-centered. They challenge and encourage me by their character and by their communication.

Those who are interested in this type of fellowship you will want to join us for our next meeting. We have scheduled a meeting for Thursday, January 26, 2006. This meeting will be held here at Faith Baptist Church, 905 Fairlane Terrace. Albert Lea MN. We will begin at 11:00 a.m. and conclude sometime around 2:00 p.m. Pastor Phil Siefkes of Calvary Baptist Church of Sleepy Eye will be teaching on "Godward Separation." I will be teaching on "The Pastor's Day of Reckoning." A noon meal will be provide free between the sessions.

If you have questions about our meeting please e-mail me at faithbaptist@smig.net or call me at 507-373-4412. If you will be attending please let me know so that we can plan the noon meal accordingly - my post Christmas diet will have started by then and I don't want to be tempted by the left overs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home